The electric person hoist includes a permanent mount fitted to the car, three sections that clip together and form a frame and a specially designed canvas sling seat.
The sling is slipped onto the hoist and is raised automatically by pressing a push button control. Once you are seated in the car, the frame of the hoist can be removed and stowed in the boot, but the sling remains in place, making it easier to reverse the process at the end of the journey.
Person hoists are very similar to the hoists that are used in the home such as bath hoists and bed hoists. They lift the person into the front of a comfortable car seat.
The person sits in a sling (small, medium or large) and an electric motor will raise them out of the wheelchair. With the help of an assistant their legs are swung into the vehicle and they are gently lowered into the passenger seat.
Milford Person Lift
The Milford Person Lift is an adaptable and versatile wheelchair to vehicle transfer solution renowned to be quick and easy to operate for a wide range of people.
With a lifting capacity of 330 lbs., the Milford Person Lift can be used anywhere from transferring to your vehicle, in the home and office, or while traveling.
- Works in a wide variety of vehicles
- Can be fitted to the driver’s side, passenger’s side, and front, middle or back seats
330 lbs. weight capacity
- Sling sizes from extra small to extra large with amputee slings also available
- Lifts quickly and easily with the touch of a button
- Stress-free application for the patient and caregiver
- Emergency switch and optional manual operation
- Smartbase option available for mobile application