NTA is happy to announce that it has received confirmation of funding availability which allows us to open Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle Grant Scheme 2018 (WAV18) on 01 February 2018, offering financial assistance of up to €7,500 per vehicle depending on its age at the time of licensing. This Grant will build on the success of the Schemes funded since 2014, which issued 896 grants to help improve mobility access to people with disabilities. This Grant Scheme will operate on a first come first served basis until all funding has been allocated.
- New Vehicle (<3,000kms and <3months old) €7,500
- Vehicle less than one year of age €7,000
- Vehicle less than two years of age €6,000
- Vehicle less than three years of age €5,000
- Vehicle less than four years of age €4,000
- Vehicle less than five years of age €3,000
- Vehicle less than six years of age €2,500
WAV18 will apply to:
- new vehicle licences;
- upgrades to currently licensed WAVs (which are not already the subject of a grant); and
- WAVs brought on to standard vehicle licences.
WAV18 Terms and Conditions, together with all other documentation, will be available on NTA’s website on 01 February 2018.