Here at OC Cars & Mobility Ltd we provide our customers with high quality vehicles that are fully pre-tested in our service department. We provide an efficient and friendly service to customers and Fleet Management companies for testing and service.
Should you require any other information on these services please call 01-8332301.
– Vehicle Servicing
– Pre NCT Checks
– Full Car Valeting
– Brakes and Balance
– Body Work Repairs
– Alarms, Phone Kits
– In-Car Entertainment
– Breakdown recovery
– Car Hire
– Tyres and Exhausts
– Emission Testing
What’s included in your service
Your car needs regular servicing to keep it running well.
Services will usually include the following checks:
- Engine oil
- Windscreen washer fluid
- Engine cooling system
- Tyre tread
- Tyre pressure – including the spare tyre
The service for each type of car will be different. Other checks for brake pads or filters, for example, will be looked at if it is recommended by the manufacturer.
On top of the regular service for your vehicle, an annual check for the conversion elements of your WAV should also be carried out. This check will be carried out by our mobility technician and will cover things like the ramp or lift and wheelchair Restraints system to ensure they are working correctly and still meet your needs.
For maintenance or repair of conversion items, such as winches and ramps, etc will be required to book in with our mobility workshop.
Waiting for your car – The length of a service can vary so you may need to organise transport home to avoid a long wait.
Keep a record
Your car’s service book will be stamped after every service. Keep this safe and in good condition as it may be needed in future to prove the car has had regular servicing.
Your tyres – Legally, tyres need to be replaced when the tread depth falls to 1.6mm on 75% of the contact surface.
Spare wheel – Some new cars no longer come with a standard spare wheel. If this applies to your car, make sure you ask what alternative solution has been provided.
Inflation kits – In some cars, an emergency inflation kit is supplied for use with punctures. Once the canister has been used, you should purchase a replacement from ourselves or any motor factor.
If you live in a remote area or somewhere that regularly experiences extreme weather conditions you could consider having snow tyres, chains or socks fitted to your Motability car. However you would need to pay for this yourself.
What to do if you break down
If your Motability car breaks down or won’t start, call MapFre Assist on 1800365724 The service aims to get someone out to you within 45 minutes.
If you are on the road or motorway:
- Try to get your car close to the kerbside or on the hard shoulder, away from the traffic
- Switch off the engine and put on your hazard warning lights
- If possible, ensure all passengers leave the car and move to a safe position away from the road
- If you or your passengers are unable to leave the car, ensure the vehicle is as close as possible to the kerbside or on the hard shoulder
- Leave all animals in the car
- If unable to use a mobile phone, use emergency telephones on the motorway and make your free emergency call Republic of Ireland – 1800 535 005 )
- You will need to provide your name, your vehicle registration, your exact location and the nature of your breakdown. You should also let the RAC know if you or your passengers use a wheelchair, need urgent medical attention or have any other requirements.
The telephone helpline and roadside assistance is available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. RAC Motability Assist staff are specially trained to deal with the concerns of disabled people.