A car roof top stowage unit could be a solution if you transport a manual wheelchair, and need to use your boot to store other items. They can usually be installed on either the passenger or driver side.
A rooftop stowage unit allows you to store a folded, lightweight manual wheelchair, in a box, on the roof of your car. An electric hoist lifts the folded wheelchair from the ground and then manoeuvres it into the rooftop box.
Stow or retrieve your wheelchair in about 30 seconds from a car-top compartment.
A rooftop stowage unit allows you to store a folded, lightweight manual wheelchair, in a box, on the roof of your car. An electric hoist lifts the folded wheelchair from the ground and then man-oeuvres it into the rooftop box.
The boxes are fully weatherproof and the smooth operation means that a wheelchair can be transported without damage
Folds, lifts and locks away a manual wheelchair in less than 90 seconds. All of this is achieved from the Drivers’ seat.
• The Wheelchair is completely enclosed, protecting it from the elements
• The cost of transferring to your next vehicle is minimal
• Suitable for any manual folding wheelchair with removable footplates, plus some wheelchairs with fixed plates
• In an emergency the door can be opened and the wheelchair unloaded manually
• Easy to operate – only three switches
• All operations are from the normal driving position